Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 7 servings
Serving Size 2/3 cup
2 teaspoons oil
1 cup celery, washed and sliced
1 cup chopped onion
3 cups shredded or chopped cabbage
1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 medium tomato, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add celery and onion. Cook 4-7 minutes until soft.
- Add cabbage, green pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often so the cabbage sweats.
- Add tomato and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- If you don’t have tomatoes, try adding 3/4 cup cooked, sliced carrots instead.