Spinach with Garbanzo Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 cups
Serving Size 3/4 cup
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup chopped onion
1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Add oil, garlic and onion to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion becomes clear. If you use garlic powder, add it in step 2.
- Add spinach, garbanzo beans, cumin and salt. Cook until heated through, mashing the beans slightly with a spoon. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve as a side dish or as a spread with French bread or pita chips.
- Add more garlic, if desired.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.