Very Berry Muesli (‘mew-slee’)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 5 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
Chill Time: 6 to 12 hours
1 cup low fat fruit yogurt
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (raw)
1⁄2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
1⁄2 cup dried fruit (try raisins, apricots, dates)
1⁄2 cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
1⁄4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- In medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt, and milk.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
- Add dried and fresh fruit, and mix gently.
- Serve scoops of muesli in small dishes. Sprinkle each serving with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Muesli makes a delicious breakfast. Try drizzling with milk.
- Substitute any frozen, canned/drained, or fresh chopped fruit for apples and blueberries.
- Flavor boosters: cinnamon, grated orange peel.