Favorite Pancakes (without eggs)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes: 8 pancakes
Serving Size 2 pancakes
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 cup non-fat or 1% milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons water
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, oil and water. Add to dry Ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Pancakes are ready to turn when tops are bubbly all over, a few bubbles have burst, and the edges begin to appear dry. Use a quick flip with a broad spatula to turn pancakes. Turn only once. Bake until bottoms are brown and dry.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding fresh bananas or blueberries to the batter before cooking.
- Try using ¾ cup whole wheat flour and ½ cup all-purpose flour for more whole grains! Add 1-2 TB of water if batter is too thick.
- To see if skillet is hot enough, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If drops skitter around, heat is just right.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt