Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 5 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup flour
1⁄2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1⁄4 cup melted margarine or butter
3 cups chopped rhubarb
3 cups blueberries
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 cup cranberry juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the brown sugar, flour and oats in a bowl. Stir in the margarine. Set aside.
- Spread the rhubarb and blueberries in an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a 2-3 quart saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar and stir in the juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the vanilla and pour mixture over the rhubarb and blueberries.
- Crumble the oat mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try strawberries instead of blueberries.
- Use apple or grape juice instead of cranberry juice