Prep time: 45 minutes
Makes: 8 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup diced onion (1/2 medium onion)
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, sliced in 2” sticks
1 can (about 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
1 medium potato, diced
1 zucchini (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
2 Tablespoons parsley, minced
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vegetable broth granules (or 1 bouillon cube)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a deep pot heat 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions and celery and sauté until they are soft.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, 1 cup water and vegetable broth granules.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- If stew gets too dry, add more water.