Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
1 teaspoon oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 package (16 ounces) frozen Asian style vegetables or 1 pound fresh vegetables
3 cups cooked rice
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1 Tablespoon soy sauce or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add eggs and scramble. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
- Add small amount of water to pan and cook vegetables until tender crisp.
- Add cooked rice, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir to heat through, breaking up lumps by pressing against pan.
- Add cooked chicken and cook until heated.
- Add green onions and cooked egg, and heat through.
- Serve with soy sauce or hot sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use leftover ham or pork in place of chicken.
- Use brown rice to include whole grains