Lentil Confetti Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 cups
Serving Size 2/3 cup
1⁄2 cup dry lentils
1 1⁄2 cups water
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked brown rice
1⁄2 cup reduced fat italian dressing
1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
1⁄4 cup green peppers, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 a small pepper)
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
- Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
- Add rest of Ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours