Mo (moo) Indonesian Stir-Fry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 10 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
4 cups water
2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen-style noodles
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
1⁄4 cup peanut butter
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1⁄2 cup water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
2 carrots, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1⁄2 large head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
1⁄4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan. Add noodles, cover, and remove from heat (do not add flavor packets). Wait one minute, drain noodles and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup water. Heat over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add chicken and cook until no longer pink when cut, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, ginger, and carrots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cabbage and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Stir in green onions, cooked noodles and peanut sauce. Toss and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try this stir fry with sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter