Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size 1 patty
1 can (14 ounces) of salmon, remove skin and large bones
1 slice of bread, torn into small pieces
1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg, lightly beaten
1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (about 1 stalks)
1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped (about 1 small)
1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (1⁄2 medium onion)
- In a medium bowl break up the salmon into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Lightly press about ½ cup of the mixture into a 3 to 4 inch patty that is about 1 inch thick. Repeat to make 4 patties total.
- Lightly spray or oil a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.