Baked Apples and Squash
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Serving Size 3/4 cup
2 cups winter squash cubes
2 cups apple cubes
1 Tablespoon oil
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into bite size pieces.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine the squash and apple pieces, oil, cinnamon, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a metal baking pan.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.