Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Makes: 24 meatballs
Serving Size 3 meatballs
1 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
1⁄2 cup uncooked brown or white rice
2⁄3 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1⁄2 medium onion)
1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed soup (try tomato, cream of mushroom or other flavors)
3⁄4 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a shallow baking dish (9" x 13" x 2") with cooking spray.
- Combine beef, rice, milk, egg, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Use a spoon to form 24 meatballs and place in baking dish.
- Combine soup and milk. Mix well. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using uncooked quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats instead of rice