Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
3 cups sliced carrots (about 6 to 8 fresh) or two cans (14.5 ounce each) or frozen (16 ounces)
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
2 teaspoons honey or brown sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning (optional) - see Notes below
- Cook carrots until they are very soft.
Fresh - Steam or boil.
Frozen - Follow package Directions or microwave, steam or boil.
Canned - Rinse and drain. Add a small amount of water and heat in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Drain carrots if needed. Put carrots in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in butter, honey, salt and pepper. Add seasoning if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add your favorite seasoning! Try one of these: chili powder, curry powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried sage.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.