Pinto Bean Dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 28 tablespoons
Serving Size 2 Tablespoons
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (4 ounces) mild jalapeño peppers
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce or ketchup
1 Tablespoon water
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- For a smooth dip, place Ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- For a chunky dip, mash beans well with a fork or potato masher, stir in remaining Ingredients.
- Add additional water as needed for desired consistency.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.