Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5 cups
Serving Size 3/4 cup
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet heat margarine until foamy. Add cabbage and carrots.
- Sauté over high heat until tender but crisp, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Enjoy the sweet mild flavor of cooked cabbage or spice it up with your favorite seasoning!