Sautéed Corn and Onion
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5 cups
Serving Size 3/4 cup
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
4 cups corn (try frozen, canned and drained, or fresh, cut off the cob)
1 cup chopped onion
1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Heat margarine in medium skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add corn, onion, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cook uncovered until onion is tender and corn is heated through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 cup corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked).
- Add chopped bell pepper for more color.