Chinese Spicy Noodles
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 10 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, uncooked
2 Tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, finely diced (about 1 cup )
6 cloves minced garlic or 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 Tablespoons curry powder
1 Tablespoon chili paste
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 cups shredded cabbage (1/3 head)
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
6 green onions, thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, coarsely diced
1⁄4 cup honey
1⁄2 cup peanuts
- Boil water in a large pot; add spaghetti and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and sauté about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, curry powder, chili paste, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Stir in cabbage, carrot, and zucchini and cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and tomatoes; continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and mix in vegetables. Add honey and toss.
- Top with peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours
- Try adding 2 tablespoons peanut butter to increase protein.
- Try whole wheat spaghetti.
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.