Quick Tomato Salsa
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
Serving Size 2 tablespoons
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (1⁄4 medium onion or 2 green onions, chopped including green tops)
1 clove garlic, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lime, squeezed for juice
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- Combine Ingredients, except cilantro, in a blender and blend to desired consistency.
- Finely chop cilantro and stir into other Ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.
- No blender? Make a chunky salsa by cutting all Ingredients to desired size before mixing.
- Try adding drained canned corn or black beans with cilantro.
- Make ahead to allow flavors to blend.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.