Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 onions
Serving Size 1/2 onion
2 medium onions
1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel off papery layers and trim out root end. Cut onion in quarters.
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Roast until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To make clean-up easy, cover the baking sheet with foil.
- Drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar before serving for a different flavor