Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
3⁄4 pound parsnips, peeled
3⁄4 pound carrots, peeled
1 Tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the peeled parsnips and carrots into uniform pieces such as 3 inch x ½ inch sticks or 1 inch thick slices.
- Place cut parsnips and carrots into a large bowl. Add the vegetable oil and stir to coat the carrots and parsnips.
- In a small bowl stir together the salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Add to the carrots and parsnips and stir until the vegetables are well coated with seasonings.
- Place vegetables in a single layer on large baking sheet being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring the vegetables half way through the time. The carrots and parsnips should be caramelized to a medium brown and blistered.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.