Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine or butter
3 medium turnips, peeled and diced
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup broth (try chicken or vegetable)
1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add turnips and sugar. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid evaporates and the turnips are tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.