Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5 cups
Serving Size 1/3 cup
1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons honey
1⁄4 cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups uncooked, old fashioned rolled oats
1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisins
- Warm oil and honey in a skillet for one minute over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add powdered milk and vanilla.
- Stir in oats and sunflower seeds, and mix until coated with oil and honey mixture. Heat over medium heat. Stir until oatmeal is slightly brown.
- Take off heat. Stir in raisins.
- Cool mixture. Store in an airtight container (jar or plastic bag).
- Try baking this dish instead. Once the first six Ingredients are combined transfer to a baking pan and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for twenty minutes or until golden brown, stirring half way through.
- Try adding any of these Ingredients: one teaspoon cinnamon, chopped nuts, dried fruit, wheat germ, or coconut.
- Serve with milk, yogurt, ice cream, and/or fresh or canned fruit.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.