Applesauce French Toast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size 1 slice
1⁄2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons white sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
6 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Soak bread one slice at a time until mixture is slightly absorbed.
- Lightly spray or oil a skillet or griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To use sweetened applesauce, remove about 3/4 teaspoon of sugar from the measured amount.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.