Breakfast Pumpkin Cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
Serving Size 2 cookies
1 3⁄4 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
1⁄2 cup oil
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie (use a spoon, bottom of glass, or palm of your hand).
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.