Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size 1/2 burrito
1⁄4 cup 1% milk
salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
1 teaspoon oil
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 cup fat-free refried beans
1⁄2 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
- Mix eggs, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Stir in the eggs and cook until firm.
- Warm the tortillas on a griddle, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
- Warm the refried beans in a separate pan.
- On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
- Roll the burrito, cut in half, and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try your favorite salsa in place of the tomato.
- Use other vegetables that you have in the refrigerator, such as green or red bell peppers, or cooked corn.
- Serve with guacamole or light sour cream.