Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
6 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place apples and water in a 2 quart microwave safe dish.
- Cover apples with microwave-safe cover or plastic wrap and cook on high for 6 to 8 minutes or until apples are easily pierced with a fork.
- Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a potato masher or fork to make smooth or chunky applesauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Frozen apple slices work great in this recipe.