Carrot, Jicama and Orange Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
3 cups jicama, peeled and cut into small pieces (about 1 small jicama)
1 cup carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 medium carrots)
2 cups oranges, peeled and cut into small pieces (about 2 small oranges)
2 teaspoons oil
2 Tablespoons orange juice (juice from 1/4 orange)
1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons lime juice
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mix jicama, carrots, and oranges.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, orange juice, honey, lime juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour over the salad and stir lightly.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Want to use canned mandarin oranges instead? One 10.5 oz. can equals 1 cup of mandarin oranges.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.