Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 5 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
3 cans (5 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
1 cup carrot, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 medium carrots)
2 cups diced cucumber
1 1⁄2 cups peas, canned and drained or thawed from frozen
3⁄4 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- Place drained tuna in a medium bowl. Use a fork to break apart chunks of tuna.
- Add carrot, cucumber, peas and salad dressing. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or make ahead, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or make sandwiches with whole wheat or pocket (pita) bread.