Chili Cheese Hominy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1 teaspoon oil
1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (about 1/2 a medium)
1 can (31 ounces) white or yellow hominy, drained and rinsed, or 2 cans (15.5 ounces each)
1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained, or 2 cans (4 ounces each)
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in hominy, green chilies, sour cream, chili powder and pepper. Add half of the cheese and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Cover and cook until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.