Green Pea Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size 1 cup
2 cans (15 ounces each) peas (undrained)
1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable bouillon
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat peas with liquid over medium heat. As the peas warm, mash to desired consistency with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in milk, bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper, if desired. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a smoother soup, combine peas with liquid and milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then add to saucepan.
- Try fresh onion for extra flavor! Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup chopped fresh onion. Cook until onion is soft then add peas with liquid.