Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
Serving Size 2 tablespoons
1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 cups kale, thinly sliced
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale and season with salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer kale to a blender. Add cottage cheese and puree until smooth.
- Season with red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 bunch fresh kale (about 8 cups, chopped)
- No blender? Make chunky version! Finely chop kale and garlic before cooking. Mash dip with fork.
- Try adding onion or garlic powder, dill weed or curry powder for a flavor boost.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.