Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 9 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
8 ounces uncooked pasta (try rotini, penne or bow tie noodles)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1⁄2 medium onion)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 small zucchini, cubed
1 small eggplant, cubed
2 medium tomatoes, cubed
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to package Directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil. Cook another 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours