Lemony Garbanzo Bean Dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 16 servings
Serving Size 2 Tablespoons
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon oil
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons or more cilantro, chopped
- For a smooth dip, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. OR for a chunky dip, mash beans well with a fork or potato masher then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add additional liquid as needed for desired consistency.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.