Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 7 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine or butter
3 1⁄2 cups peas (about 2 cans [14.5 ounces each] drained or 16 ounces frozen)
1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add peas and cook 2-3 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- Add lemon juice and pepper and mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other types of cheese or a blend!
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.