Personal Salad in a Bag
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 servings
Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
SALAD (1.5 cups total per person)
leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onions, garlic, avocadoes, grated or diced cheese, cooked beans
1 teaspoon bottled dressing; or mix together the following:
1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 closable plastic bag
can opener (if using canned food)
knife (for vegetables)
- Wash all fresh foods. Tear or cut any foods that are larger than a quarter.
- Place food for salad in plastic bag. Add dressing to bag.
- Close opening of bag securely. Shake bag well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve this salad as a side dish, on a burger or over a baked potato.