Salmon Salad Mix
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size 1/4 cup
1 can (14.75 ounce) salmon, drained
1⁄4 cup pickle relish (dill or sweet) or chopped pickles
1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- Remove skin and large bones from salmon. In a medium bowl, break up salmon and mash small bones with a fork.
- Add relish, yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Chill before serving. Serve on a bed of salad greens or use as a sandwich filling.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Small bones are soft after canning. They can be mashed and eaten for more calcium.