Skillet Corn Chowder
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size 1 cup
1⁄2 small onion, diced
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (15 ounces) can cream style corn
2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1⁄2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) saute onion in oil until transparent.
- Add corn and milk. Stir until mixed together.
- Heat until just bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and serve as soon as melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add any other veggies you have on hand - fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Add pepper, dried cumin and/or oregano for extra flavor!