Summer Vegetable and Pasta Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size 1 cup
3 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
1 cup sliced summer squash
3⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any colorful vegetables you have on hand. Try carrots, cherry tomatoes, green onions or frozen peas.
- Flavor boosters: 1 cup diced, cooked chicken or ham; 1 cup garbanzo beans.