Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
3 cups chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon vinegar or water
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toast sesame seeds (if using) in a dry skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté broccoli in oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add the sauce mixture to the broccoli in the skillet. Stir and cook until broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (optional). Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.