Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Serving Size 2 muffin halves
1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
1 Tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
2 English muffins (try whole wheat)
1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Cut English muffins in half and spread mixture evenly over all 4 halves.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place a tomato slice on each English muffin half.
- Serve as is or broil for 2-3 minutes more to heat tomato.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For extra flavor try fresh avocado or basil leaves under the tomato or add 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder to the cheese mixture.