Farmers Market Salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 64 tablespoons
Serving Size 2 Tablespoons
1⁄2 cup corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
1⁄2 cup diced onion
1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- Combine all Ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until serving time.
- Drain before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans