Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours
Makes: 4 cups
Serving Size almost 1 cup
1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup low-fat yogurt
1⁄2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
1⁄2 cup berries, fresh or frozen
1⁄2 cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6-12 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve scoops of oatmeal in small dishes or spoon into small containers with lids for grab-and-go breakfasts.