Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 9 servings
Serving Size 2/3 cup
1 cup quinoa (dry)
2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
3 large celery stalks, diced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons minced parsley
1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2-3 quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing Ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
- Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.