Tropical Carrot Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size 2/3 cup
2 cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 carrots)
1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
3⁄4 cup raisins
1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- In a medium serving bowl, combine carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise or yogurt and nuts or seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Save leftover pineapple and juice in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze for longer storage.
- Leftover pineapple can be used in smoothies, fruit salads and more. See FoodHero.org for recipes.