Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size 2/3 cup
1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
2 apples, cored and diced
1 cup celery, diced
1⁄2 cup raisins
1⁄4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Stir occasionally until they are evenly toasted.
- Combine apples, celery, nuts, and raisins.
- Stir together yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice. Pour over apple mixture and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve this dish with a whole-wheat roll for a hearty meal.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.