Almond Rice Pudding
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
3 cups almond milk
1 cup white or brown rice, uncooked
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
cinnamon to taste
1⁄4 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- Combine almond milk and rice in a 2-3 quart saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour with the lid on until the rice is soft.
- Add sugar, vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon. Stir and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add your favorite berries to the top for some color and a yummy taste!
- Add an extra cup of almond milk for a creamier texture.
- No almond milk? Use non-fat or 1% milk and 1½ teaspoons almond extract.