Mushroom Bulgur Pilaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 cups
Serving Size 2/3 cup
1 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 cups mushrooms, sliced or chopped (12 medium button mushrooms)
3⁄4 cup bulgur
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 teaspoons dry boullion (chicken or vegetable)
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups packed fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Use a medium saucepan or skillet with a tightly fitting lid. Over medium heat, sauté onions in oil in the open pan until they are softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bulgur and continue to stir until lightly browned.
- Add water, bouillon, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover pan with lid.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until bulgur is tender and liquids are absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the spinach and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.