One Pan Spaghetti
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 10 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
1⁄2 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 1⁄2 cups water
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups (12 ounces) broken spaghetti
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
- Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
- Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan