Zucchini Tomato Bake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 7 cups
Serving Size 2/3 cup
4 cups zucchini, sliced (about 2 pounds)
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cups canned tomatoes with juice or 2 cups fresh sliced tomatoes
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1⁄4 cup (1 ounce) grated cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella, or parmesan)
- Wash zucchini and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil on medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until tender.
- Add zucchini to onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and seasoning; cook 5 more minutes.
- Put mixture into an 8” x 8” square baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours