Dry Roasted Garbanzo Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
2 cans (15 ounce) garbanzo beans
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with cool water. Shake strainer to help remove water. Dry beans with paper towels to prevent "popping" in the oven.
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and dill weed in a small bowl.
- Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour garbanzo beans onto baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the tops of beans with cooking spray. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the beans. Shake pan to help distribute the seasoning and make sure beans are in a single layer.
- Place pan on the lowest rack in the oven. Cook 30-40 minutes. Gently shake and rotate pan every 10-15 minutes to make sure nothing burns. Beans are done when crispy and brown. Let cool before serving.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans